At Amazon, we care deeply about our developer community. Come be part of a team that is building the next generation developer platform for our digital content across Alexa, Twitch, Fire TV, Luna, and many more touch points.
Our team is making "developing for Amazon" easy. Our platform creates a seamless unified experience for developers to submit and sell digital content including Alexa skills, Apps for Amazon devices, In-app digital goods, Luna games, and plenty more. We are seeking a world-class developer who can think big and loves building cool stuff.
As a software development engineer, you'll play a critical role in the future of how the development community interfaces with Amazon services across a huge array of devices and touch-points.
Individuals interested in this position will be building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. Your code will bring apps/skills/games to millions and millions of consumers. Are you ready?
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
• Experience building complex applications on distributed systems that have been successfully deployed for a large customer base.
• Experience with Agile Scrum, or similar development methodologies
• Application of advanced coding techniques, such as dependency injection
• Proven experience with: writing design documents, leading code reviews, applying SCM, managing builds and managing releases
• Knowledge of important design patterns
• Applying unit testing / TDD to reduce testing cycles and production support load
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, write technical designs, and discuss product strategy
• Experience mentoring and training engineers on complex technical issues
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .