Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Have you seen the green and bold "Guaranteed Delivery by" dates with a count down on the product details page on Amazon? Or have you ever looked for that one thing so eagerly, that you want it today or tomorrow, and used the search filter to find delivery by today or tomorrow? The Marketplace Promise Prediction and Programs team owns computing promise delivery dates for MFN sellers world wide. The main service computes the dates at run-time with a very short latency, and high throughput for a responsive customer experience throughout the shopping journey on Amazon. The team also contributes to the delivery date based search to help customers finding the right products that can be delivered soon. These services are at the heart of customer journey when shopping at Amazon and contributes to a multi-billion dollar business at Amazon Marketplace.
Amazon Marketplace is now in 19 countries. We are growing fast, with customers many other countries. Amazon's platform is the engine that powers Amazon's Marketplace businesses, and Sellers rely on this platform and our support to start selling on Amazon and to grow their business.
Amazon Marketplace enables millions of Sellers worldwide to list hundreds of millions of products and manage orders for inventory across dozens of different categories and languages. While working with millions of Sellers world wide, we constantly strive to improve the selection for Customers and the capabilities of our platform for Sellers.
You'll be developing architectures and software that handles Seller fulfilled promise calculations viewed by all customers on Amazon.com worldwide. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building the next generation of a promise experience for 3rd party merchants. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party merchants.
If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, a solid computer science foundation and the desire to be a contributor to Amazon's next generation technology, we want to talk with you. Come be part of the team redefining how best to sell on the Internet!
We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high software with their team.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Have a track-record of delivering with a software development team and growing their team members.
• Must be technically strong, able to both act as a technical representative for their team to leadership and hold the bar with the team on the right architecture.
• Must be passionate about diving deep into problems and deliver iteratively using Agile best practices
• Experienced working with multiple teams and leading engineers on building solutions
• Consistent focus on operational excellence and security of systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm , problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, or C-sharp
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Five years of progressively responsible work experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top