Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud. The CloudFormation teams are pioneers in the "Infrastructure as Code" space. We develop distributed systems that spin up infrastructure across AWS at unprecedented scale. This would have an impact in shaping our resource framework that allows CloudFormation to provision hundreds of AWS services. We are looking for full stack developers to join our amazing team, who excel in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment where we love pushing the boundaries to innovate, learn while we design and develop new software.
You'll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
• Design//iterate developer tools and services that are used by thousands of AWS users.
• Work with and learn many different technologies every day including , REST, Go, etc..,
• Deeply own the stack and entire lifecycle of our products, from the roadmap to the /architecture to and continuous iterative and deployment of both services and web apps.
• Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products and new features.
As a key developer on the team, you will help and core components that contribute to our ecosystem for CloudFormation CLI experiences. This opportunity will enable you as a conduit to innovate on CLI experiences with rest of the community and take things to achieve greater goals and heights.
The CloudFormation team values work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Vancouver office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 5pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have an on-call rotation where you'll participate once every 5-6 weeks. We work together to reduce our on-call load by ensuring that our are fault tolerant, and resolve the root cause of an issue so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities typically 2 weeks (one week as Primary and another week as Secondary) for every 2 months. We work diligently to ensure our are fault tolerant. When we get paged, we work together to resolve root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience working in a DevOps environment
• Experience publishing projects
• Experience with AWS Cloud Formation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top