Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Want to work on new expansion initiatives within Sponsored Brand Ads team? Want to work on creating new Sponsored Brand Ads for our customers (both shoppers & advertisers) displayed across multiple pages on Amazon. and power a multi-billion dollar advertising product?
Amazon Brand Advertising and Shopping Experience (BASE) is on a mission to make Amazon the best in class destination for shoppers to discover, engage and build affinity with brands, making shopping beautiful, delightful, & personal. Our Team creates new Sponsored Brand Ads experiences (both shoppers & advertisers) displayed across multiple pages on Amazon. receiving millions of ad impressions and clicks daily, but are only just getting started.
Things unique to this role:
• Proven to be a highly profitable product => Provides stability for long term career planning and growth.
• Customer facing product => Requirements are driven by ground truth. Also, ability to showcase solution to loved ones.
• Great work/life balance
What you will work on:
We believe strongly in experimentation, iterating quickly and getting feedback from our customers. As a member of this team, you'll will lead the efforts to help our advertisers increase their shopper reach by delivering on new expansion initiatives, improving supply and rendering infrastructure of our key ad placements, accelerate innovation, and maximize advertiser return on investment. This involves deep understanding of the sponsored brands architecture and technologies and the employment of cutting edge techniques. If you are someone who seeks out new challenges and are excited about performance and scale and ready to invent, you should apply for this job.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a creative, customer and details obsessed Software Development Engineer. In addition to being technically deep you need to have exceptional product ownership and the ability to own a project from inception through to release and operations. We need someone who loves learning, seeks out new challenges and coaching other engineers on the team in a quick moving, iterative and highly collaborative environment.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 5+ years of industry experience in software development
• Experience building services
• Experience in advertising
• Experience communicating requirements and technical designs with users, other technical teams and management
• Experience influencing software engineering approaches and culture within your team
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective and productive software engineers
• Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
• Desire to learn new technologies and systems
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
• Sharp problem solving skills and ability to convert ambiguous requirements to structured solutions and actions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top