Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to build highly available fault tolerant distributed systems for managing, monitoring, and controlling AWS infrastructure. The Software Developer on our team is responsible for re-defining the way we think about networking and infrastructure to enable our internal and external customers to continue to scale without limit on the largest, most reliable global infrastructure.
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated Software Developer with a proven background in scalable distributed systems and web services development in Python on Linux-based platforms. In this role the Software Engineer will be a hands-on technical lead responsible for all phases of the project development cycle. You will work with customers to gather requirements and generate technical designs, and you will carry the project from implementation all the way through validation and operations. You will use your strong leadership and communication skills to mentor other engineers and provide training and support for our technologies. Come join us if you want to test your limits and tackle technical challenges you won't see anywhere else.
This is a unique opportunity to be in a team central and critical to a development organization. The tools and services you own will enable and empower all developers in the organization. Your influence footprint will span all key stages of the development life-cycle from conception all the way to deployment to customer.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Your responsibilities include:
Lead the architectural design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of innovative software solutions in our build & qualification infrastructure.
Drive automation efforts to empower our customers, and remove barriers for your team
Instill a culture that holds a high quality bar with code reviews, regression testing and other disciplines of continuous quality inspection
Maintain current technical knowledge of rapidly changing technology and work with management and development teams to evolve current processes.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in CS/EE or equivalent combined with 5 or more years of professional experience
• Or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 2 or more years of professional experience
• Coding skills in C/C++, Python
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems
• Experience with distributed systems architecture
• Multi-threaded programming
• Deep experience with Software Development Life Cycle
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
• Ability to motivate and mentor people
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role