Software development Engineer
- Chennai, India
Amazon's Digital Platform team develops innovative new products and services like the Kindle. The digital platform team creates the backbone for supporting customers' digital content and ownership information.
We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about the customer experience and the concept of "making customers' lives easy." You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by millions of customers.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume services that customers love.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces is a plus.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
• Experience with backend server programming.
• A passion for developing engaging customer user experiences
• Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer use cases and interaction methodologies.
• Experience working with backend systems and high availability systems
• Able to work well within Agile development methodology.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top