Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to develop new products and solutions for AWS Networking. You will join a team of engineers developing Cloud Network Services that enable the world's largest and complex networks infrastructure. Our customers demand the highest quality, reliability and security for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are seeking brilliant and passionate Software Development Engineers to join our AWS Networking team.
As a Networking Software Development Engineer you will design and develop highest standards networking tools and services to manage and operate our networking infrastructure. If you are enthusiastic about Network infrastructure, love to solve complex problem which are close to hardware/optics link, want to work on large scale network operational services, then this is a perfect opportunity for you.
Why would you want to work on AWS Networking?
- We are making history!
- We have some of the largest data center networks in the world and we don't stop growing.
- Because we own both the network and the devices, we can innovate in a way that others cannot.
- Very large impact: AWS Network is built on our devices and is operated by our services and tools.
In this role, you will:
Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Identify errors and failures in Networking and work with Software, H/W and Network engineers to create mitigation and preventive Software based solution
Architect, design, implement, support cloud scale software services, tools and solutions
Develop and execute policies and procedures
Participate in projects that develop new intellectual property
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent).
• 5+ years of Software development and debugging skill for C, C++ ,python or any modern programming language
• Experience with System software architecture, Link level software and protocol, large scale cloud service projects.
• Dealing with ambiguity and ability to mentor junior.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced Software development environment.
• Cloud Networking tools software development exposure / experience
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Familiar with scripting languages such as Python
• Obsessed with Software quality and security
• Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/Exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/Exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top