Software Development Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
You have super powers. Use them for good. We catch bad guys and stop online fraud. It's fun. It's hard. It matters. We need you.
Amazon's Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) team is engaged in a technological arms race: cyber-criminals from across the world continually look for new ways to steal from us and cover their tracks, while we invent new techniques to detect and neutralize them with ever increasing speed and scale.
It's fun. We don't just catch the bad guys; we stop crimes before they happen. Remember the "Minority Report"? It's just like that. Basically, we predict the future by developing and applying cutting-edge machine learning systems to detect, predict, and prevent online fraud before it happens.
It's hard. This is Amazon, so of course our services are low latency, high throughput, highly scalable, and failure proof. Our fraud prevention systems are also highly reactive: we process multiple terabytes of data yet notice changes in individual behavior patterns in seconds. Even by Amazon standards, our datasets are massive and our transaction rates impressive, and everything is built with a scrupulous attention to security.
It matters. Amazon is one of the world's most trusted companies. Consider the implications of losing that trust. Third-party sellers account for nearly half the items purchased on Amazon. This nearly always goes smoothly; but when sellers cheat buyers, everyone loses. Even after we refund their money, buyers are less likely to shop at Amazon in the future. Legitimate sellers lose potential sales and are less likely to sell on Amazon. And of course, the money Amazon pays in refunds and chargebacks goes straight to our bottom line and ultimately results in higher prices for all our customers.
We are looking for a gifted software engineer to design the next generation of fraud risk management systems for Amazon.
Amazon is one of the world's most trusted companies. Help us keep it that way.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 4 or more years' experience in software development
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience with object oriented programming including Java, Python, C++, C#, Golang or Scala.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in eCommerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web based solutions.
Back to top