Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is job zero. Our team is responsible for inventing new security services that enable and automate security solutions at AWS' massive scale. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help innovate and build new services from the ground up that will make security and innovation simultaneous for AWS product teams. Our team offers the opportunity for engineers to help define, design, build, and operate new services from end to end. You will work on a small and dynamic team, collaborate with leading industry experts and gain experience building security services . Come build with us!
Our team is looking for highly skilled software engineers, who ask lots of questions, and challenge the status quo. We are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers, who iterate quickly, and constantly raise the bar. If you like solving hard problems and doing work with a clear impact for our customers, you'll enjoy being a part of the team.
Specifically, we are building internal systems that process large data sets that describe the dynamic internal systems, convert that data to actionable information, and automatically apply security controls.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 3+ years experience designing, developing and maintaining highly-scaled distributed systems
• Commanding knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
• Deep knowledge of design patterns
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Working knowledge of programming languages beyond Java, C or C++ (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput cloud systems
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
• Breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end analysis and storage systems.
• Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top