Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you looking for an opportunity to create a new, global product from scratch? AWS is seeking innovative, passionate, results-oriented leader to own software systems, products, and tools to build an exciting new global product. This is a confidential strategic initiative for AWS.
We are looking for an individual that thrives by creating high-bar engineering cultures, giving customers business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable, and using the intersection of software and data to give their customers "superpowers."
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Beyond a strong engineering, data storage/modeling, visualization, and front-end background, a successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable infrastructure. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and a person that dives below the surface to identify the root cause and "so what" rather than just superficial trends.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 3+ years industry experience
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
• Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top