Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in taking the world's most broadly adopted and comprehensive cloud platform and architecting and building solutions that will deliver consumer and retail like customer excellence to the recruiting and hiring process at AWS?
The AWS Talent Acquisition Technology team is a new team that will be responsible for innovating, architecting, and building, global and scalable technology solutions that transform the recruiting and hiring experience. These solutions will be utilized by thousands of people inside and outside the organization. This team and the solutions we build will be a critical component in AWS's continued growth.
You will play a lead role in both building a development team and in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including architecture, design, development, documentation, testing and operations. As a part of the AWS Talent Acquisition Technology team, you will focus on leveraging AWS solutions to build applications that will deliver consumer like experiences to AWS employees and candidates.
If you have a passion for fun, software quality, microservice architecture, building highly scalable and secure systems, working with customers, and influencing technical and business direction, then come join us today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• 1-2 years full time experience in software design and development.
• Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python).
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done.
• Deep knowledge of Distributed SOA Architecture, Relational DB Knowledge, Elastisearch, DynamoDB, and various AWS Technologies.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Experience with other front end development skills is a plus.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top