The AWS Enterprise Engineering team is searching for a software development engineer with experience building highly scalable distributed systems. We are solving the hard problem of meeting experience that we believe will help the industry on productivity and raise the bar in overall meeting experience for customers. Come help our team to disrupt the industry on the meeting experience. You will have an opportunity to build the next generation meetings experience for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians.
To solve this complex problem in an optimized way, we leverage native AWS services like IoT, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, CloudWatch, etc. to deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers. We integrate chime, Alexa, and devices to create the best customer meeting experience.
In pursuit of that mission, We're looking for someone who's self-driven, able to deal with ambiguity, passionate about giving customers the best possible experience and comes with strong CS fundamentals (i.e., data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving).
To succeed in this role, you should be incredibly customer focused, have a strong command of one of the programming language, must enjoy collaborating with teams across the company, and take pleasure from delighting customers with the high-quality development of products and services at a global scale. You should be excited to build on top of AWS services and comfortable learning new cutting-edge AWS services and technologies
Interested? We would love to hear from you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Passion for operational excellence
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, a related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience in native AWS technologies
• Experience in building and maintaining mission-critical enterprise software
• Knowledge of native and hybrid mobile application development.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role