Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply machine learning to solve real world problems? Are you passionate about building and running global scale services? Do you want to play a key role in the future of Amazon's Consumer business?
As a member of the Demand Forecasting team, you'll play a key role in solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges associated with Forecasting. You will apply Large-scale computing, Distributed systems, Data mining, Scalability, Machine learning and Statistical Algorithms techniques - just to name a few.
You should love solving hard problems, never take 'no' for an answer, and strive to innovate and simplify. Join our team of top-notch software developers who work hard, have fun, and make history.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 2.5+ years of industry experience in software development
• Proficiency in software system design
• Proficiency in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and complexity analysis
• Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced development environment
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems
• Proficiency with one or more of: Ruby/Python/Perl or another scripting language
• Demonstrated experience in Big Data Processing/Data Modeling
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Experience building, evaluating and deploying Machine Learning models to production.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us