Would you like to develop new AWS services that enhance our customers' ability to protect web applications against evolving threats and attacks?
AWS Perimeter Protection has created unique technology and innovative services such as AWS Shield, AWS WAF, AWS Firewall Manager and Network Firewall to monitor and defend some of the largest distributed networks in the world, but it is still only Day 1.
At AWS, you'll have the opportunity to raise the bar, developing brand new features for recently launched services that defend against evolving threats while providing customers with centralized management and visibility.
We build everything from low-level packet inspection hardware/software to customer-facing AWS services to globally distributed systems capable of mitigating the world's largest and most sophisticated attacks.
We are looking for talented, motivated and innovative software engineers to join a world-class team responsible for contributing to continued development and enhancement to Network Firewall in Seattle, Washington.
Join us if ...
• You want to develop services that defend some of the Internet's largest businesses from bad actors and malicious requests. The problems we solve are complex and constantly evolving.
• You care deeply about delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles) empower us to act and challenge us never to accept the status quo.
• You want to work in a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day!
At AWS, you will play a leading role, influencing how we design, develop, build, deploy and support new services. To be successful, you must be able to research, innovate and create unique solutions. You'll interact with customers, gathering requirements, designing, implementing, testing and supporting the product operationally; soup to nuts. You will be expected to leverage your technical background and have a significant impact on the direction of new service development
Successful candidates will enjoy distributed systems design, deep packet analysis, and have outstanding analytical skills and communication ability. They will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and be comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams. Does that sound like you? If so, we encourage you to apply!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
• Experience working on large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems.
• Technical experience in networking or web application security.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age