Amazon Kids brings together all types of content that kids and parents love including books, Audible books, movies, TV shows, educational apps and games, plus a child-friendly Alexa experience. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content. We have quickly gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi (Kids at Play Interactive) award for best hardware and service at CES 2013 and 2019. Learn more at http://www.amazon.com/freetime.
The Catalog Delivery and Personalization team stands on the front line of Amazon Kids, serving thousands of requests per second to millions of client devices across a variety of platforms. Come help define our forward-looking architecture and strategy for latency, caching, throughput, and data federation at scale.
You will be responsible for owning and driving large-scale customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. You will have an opportunity to design, architect and build innovative customer-facing products used every day by people you know.
Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our Amazon family of devices. Working for Amazon Kids offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Deliver and operate highly available, scalable low latency services in production
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Experience with Machine Learning, recommendation & search related experienced preferred.
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with large-scale data processing
• Experience with distributed systems such as storage farms or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems, traffic routing, device authentication algorithms, and optimizing the service payloads for network and devices
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Master's degree
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .