You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We're a company that isn't afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too. This position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
Zappos Digital customer experience team is looking for a Software Engineer I to build new and maintain exciting next-gen experiences for our customers that differentiate us in the e-commerce space. The candidate with occasional guidance from manager/peers will develop small-medium software solutions (e.g., components, small features) to meet customer needs. Must be willing to learn team software architecture and actively seek knowledge and applies to software solutions.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results oriented and analytical, with a strong customer and business focus.
- Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems.
- Strong sense of ownership, with a passion for software and continuous learning.
- BS/BA degree in a technical field
- Computer science fundamentals - Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is appropriate to use them (and when it is not). Make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions (e.g., array or hash table).
- Invent, refine and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals.
- Ability to take a defined design and turn it into code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices.
- Active participation in team design, scoping and prioritization discussions; seek to learn the business context and technologies behind your team's software.
- Ability to write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
- Help improve operational metrics and monitors & document team operations runbooks.
- Ownership - Take ownership of problems (even when outside your own domain), propose solutions, and either take ownership for their resolution or ensure a clear hand-off to the right owner; clearly document your software to ensure that future generations of developers understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
- Online retail experience is a plus
- Experience with the following.
- Java frameworks / build systems (Spring, JUnit, etc.).
- React, Nodejs and Redux
- AWS technologies including DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, SQS, SNS, S3
- Dev ops automation and continuous deployment