Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements. AWS Payment Services provides data security, cryptography, key management and connectivity services specific to the payments industry. We are looking for an experienced software developer with an interest in practical cryptography to join us in building the most secure services in AWS.
You should have experience designing scalable, customer-centric systems and a passion for simple and elegant software solutions. Along with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists you will discover and solve the new interesting challenges of growing and operating a globally distributed cryptographic security service.
Your responsibilities include:
- building a massively scalable digital security system.
- owning the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, implementing, and testing new features.
- operating an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers.
- working as part of a team to develop solutions for our customers.
- owning one of the most secure and reliable services in all of AWS.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. The AWS Platform team, that AWS Cryptography calls home, provides features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, and builder & developer tools.
We work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members. Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Rust, Kotlin, Java, C++ or C# and familiarity with object-oriented or functional programming.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with other developers to deliver complex projects
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
• Distributed systems experience
• Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
• Experience with large scale systems
• Knowledge and experience working with payment processing applications is a plus
• Knowledge and experience with Hardware Security Modules, Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs), or other cryptographic hardware
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.