Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 Core Platform is looking for experienced engineers to join our development team in Herndon, VA (DMV) or Seattle, WA.
We build software core to the EC2 network virtualization systems supporting the massive AWS cloud. We program mostly in Java and use scripting (Ruby/Python/etc.) whenever possible to automate. Each individual on our team is expected to be a leader; be pro-active on acting on behalf of our customers to exceed expectations on quality, speed of delivery, and communication. We challenge each other to put forth deliberate efforts to grow and improve our skills. At the end of the day, we know what's important in our lives - family, friends, and recreation; creating a healthy balance is important to maintain the high level of execution we expect from each other.
To learn more about EC2
2, check us out here: https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of eight years software development experience in a modern programming language, such as C, C++, Java, or Scala
• Alternatively (no degree) minimum of ten years of professional software development experience
• 3 years experience leading a team of software engineers in an agile development process
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and analysis
• Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python and proficiency with one other programming language
• Networking experience (HTTP, UDP, TCP/IP) and/or virtualization
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirement through actual launch of the project
• Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience
For more information contact with me
"Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age."
Back to top