AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Palo Alto team is looking for an experienced engineer to help us define and build the future of computing. The EC2 Palo Alto team delivers high-performance applications and solutions for EC2. As a member of the EC2 team, you'll work alongside outstanding engineers and leaders, refine product requirements with product and program management, define architecture with senior technical staff, and be a leader in the implementation and launch of new products.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will have influence on our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a quality product. And you will be successfully setting the foundation for the next phase of the product and beyond. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating a reliable, scalable, and high-performance service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals
All team members actively participate in product definition, technical architecture review, iterative development, code review, and operations. Along with this, you'll have the opportunity to interact with customers to ensure their needs are met -- clear, professional communication with teammates and customers is an important part of the job.
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about start-up opportunities, and have a demonstrated track record of success delivering new features or products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high-quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong OO design and implementation experience with knowledge of web services and cloud architecture.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in CS/EE or related field with 5+ years of experience or MS in CS/EE with 2+ years of experience
• Solid hands-on development experience in Java/C++ or equivalent
• Exposure to web services or REST services, and web development.
• Development experience with Java-based web services, Ruby a plus
• Experience with VMWare, Hyper-V or similar hypervisor platforms a plus
• Experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud management platforms is a plus
• Experience with storage/networking/OS/kernel technologies a plus