Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud (https://aws.amazon.com/ec2). Amazon EC2 Core Platform Services team owns the foundational services that enable our customers to launch millions of EC2 instances every day. The team is focused on intelligent monitoring, forecasting and machine learning models to improve EC2 reliability including server health and providing tools and services to detect, report and root cause failures across EC2. We are looking for seasoned engineers with passion for technology and an entrepreneurial mindset. At Amazon, it is all about working hard, having fun and making history. If you are ready to make history, we want to hear from you!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• 5+ years of hands on software development in any of these languages: Java/Python/C/C++/C#
• Strong experience with backend software development
• Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCPIP, Process Automation
• Excellent knowledge of the Linux operating system
• BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Knowledge of hypervisors (such as Xen and HyperV)
• Experience working with Linux operating systems
• Experience with architecting high scale systems
• Experience with developing cloud technologies
"Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age."
Back to top