Software Development Engineer
We are a company that nurtures both its products and its people. We are the largest provider of audiobooks on the planet - a collection of artists, designers, and technologists with a love of innovation and the art of spoken word, and we need more great people! We love our customers and we love our product. We're on a mission to share great stories with the world and we want you to be a part of that journey.
Your team is Whispersync for Voice Ingestion. Whispersync for Voice bridges our customers' listening and reading, creating a bookmark between their audiobook listening and Kindle reading so they can take the story with them, wherever they are. The Ingestion team owns a complex pipeline of code that creates sync files which enable Whispersync for Voice. This pipeline leverages a collection of AWS capabilities and 3rd-party software to map Kindle eBooks to Audible audiobooks. This technology and feature is a key strategic differentiator for Audible and you will work with a team of skilled engineers to ensure it is scaled, performant, and operating with a high degree of quality.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and analysis to the development of complex software
- · Participate in internal review of software components and systems
- · Work proactively, independently and with minimal technical direction to determine appropriate approaches to SDLC
- · Builds stable working relationships internally
- · Responsible for resolution of a diverse range of technical problems and issues of broad scope and complexity
- We're looking for engineers with 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- · Experience writing Java code is preferred but if your expertise is with some other OO Development Language and you're willing to switch to Java that's fine with us!
- · Experience writing services that scale using HTTP, REST, JSON and XML preferred
- · System and Object Oriented Design skills
- · Familiar with Unix/Linux and experience writing optimized, low-latency code.
- · Strong problem solving skills and willingness to accept new challenges, take ownership and be adaptable.
- · Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- · Understanding of the complexities associated designing and developing highly trafficked & scaleable services.
- · Experience working in a fast paced, Agile environment
- · Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- · Computer Science degree not required, however, you will need demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of CS fundamentals.
We have a comprehensive benefits package. Here are some of the fun and meaningful perks we offer:
- All the snacks you can eat
- 25% fitness reimbursement
- Frequent company sponsored events
- Weekly catered Happy Hour
- Free lunch every day with many options for even the strictest diets
- Transit/Parking reimbursement assistance
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top