Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Technical Academy (ATA) is a training program that helps participants transition into a software engineering career at Amazon. Combining instructor-led, project-based learning with real-world application, graduates demonstrate proficiency in widely used software engineering skills and Amazon tools. ATA's instructional program consists of self-service prerequisites and foundation materials to prepare applicants for the program; followed by a nine-month facilitator-led, full-time immersive instruction program comprising six units of study and a Capstone project. Moving forward, we are working to expand ATA outside of Amazon to increase non-traditional SDE I hiring through partnerships with external training providers. By joining ATA you can help us change the lives of hundreds of people every year by helping them enter a Software Development Engineer role they may not have had access to otherwise.
As a Software Development Engineer in Amazon Technical academy, you will build software solutions from the ground up, helping scale our internal operations and integrated with external partners. A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. Daily work will involve interacting with engineers, instructors, product managers, managers and other stakeholders. Much of the software development done by your team will be green field, so strong technical skills are a must.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Proficiency with Java
• Deep familiarity with Amazon's SDE hiring and performance bars.
• Passion for diversity and technical education.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top