Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
The Sr SDE should be an expert familiar with full stack web development to and implement applications to manage data from our expanding labs, derive insights, intelligence and user friendly dashboards. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overall architecture and high level . The individual is expected to efficient, flexible, extensible, and solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with diverse cross functional teams.
• Work closely with senior engineers, UX designers, and product managers to friendly UI experiences.
• /maintain operational rigor for the front end of a fast-growing service.
• Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, techniques and approaches across the application life cycle phases to an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements
• Work closely with engineers to architect and the best technical .
• Ensure completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance, availability and architecture requirements
• Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support customer reporting needs and data scientists Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Distributed computing and large-scale systems, taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Exposure to large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, In memory Databases)
• Hands on experience with services such as CloudFormation, CloudWatch, RDS and EC2
• Delivered software in an environment that utilizes Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
Back to top