Software Development Engineer
Our vision for Kindle is to make every book ever published, in any language, available for every customer in less than 60 seconds. The Kindle Store team plays a key role in making this vision happen by providing a shopping experience that helps customers discover the next book to read. We are looking for a creative, deeply technical and customer-obsessed SDE to implement new technology solutions that defines the future of digital Shopping.
Customers shop for Kindle books from a variety of surfaces including desktops/laptops, Kindle eInk devices, Fire Tablets and phones, from mobile browser on their iOS phones and tablets and from Android devices. We provide a shopping experience for customers no matter where they are and what device they have. Each of these devices have different capabilities and form factors. We create platforms that provide consistent information while providing custom experience for the device the customer is using.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and innovative SDE who enjoys solving difficult problems and delivering high-performance, highly-available, and extremely scalable systems. The SDE has an opportunity to implement projects related to new caching mechanisms, latency goals, scaling for high transactions, and optimization of shopping experience for various form factors.
If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flare, a solid software engineering and computer science foundation, and a desire to be a leader in delivering the next generation technology, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to develop cutting edge software that shapes the industry.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
This role will have a profound impact on millions of readers. Come help us reinvent shopping for books to read!
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience in object-oriented design and software construction in Java or C++.
- You are extremely technical and have significant experience developing scalable web applications, with a penchant for building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, and open team environment.
- You build the right product for your customers and pride yourself on delivering products on-time against deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development.
- A strong business and technical vision with the ability to translate these in business and technical approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top