The mission of Alexa is to set customers free in life, to be an instantly familiar, always-available personal assistant. In order to deliver on this mission, the Alexa Skills Store is looking for a Software Engineer who will deliver outsized value for end customers, execute on new opportunities, invent new customer-facing services, and build a new team to deliver novel intelligent experiences.
We help customers learn about and try Alexa skills and premium content through the Mobile App, Retail Website, and Multimodal device in cohesive conjunction with other skills channels. We own highly visible customer experiences and make a direct impact on customers. We continuously experiment with novel approaches and use the learning to build the best Alexa customer experiences at scale.
If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of an innovative, customer facing, life-impacting product, and want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of a Fortune 100 company, we'd love to chat!
As an SDE, you will:
• Be part of a team of smart and passionate professionals who will challenge you to grow every day
• Obsess over creating world class user experiences
• Succeed as a key contributor to technical projects
• Take ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
• Solve difficult challenges using your expertise in coding elegant and practical solutions
• Create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
• Innovate, simplify, reduce waste, and increase efficiencies
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Automate processes otherwise performed by humans
• Learn from others and help grow those around you
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
• Communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Working with cloud architecture, web services, and web sites
• Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring other software engineers
• Strong problem solving, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work quickly toward tight deadlines, and make smart tradeoffs between speed, accuracy, and maintainability.
• The ability to scope design deliverables accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.