Are you looking for a greenfield Software Development Engineer position building highly-distributed, large-scale, real-time serverless systems for Amazon Advertising, Amazon's fastest growing multi-billion dollar business? Do you love to conceptualize and build applications from grounds-up? Like to develop real-time, distributed, large-scale, and modern applications? Like to interact with worldwide advertising customers to build systems that makes advertising and its functions automated and frictionless? Interested in being part of a worldwide Advertising Customer Experience team? Then, our Software Development team that builds Tier-1 Advertising Experience wants you!
We are building new innovative ways for Amazon Advertisers to make billions of dollars of payments across the globe by applying the rigor of engineering processes such as continuous integration and continuous deployment to distributed pipelines. In this position you will build and drive adoption for cutting edge payment methods for Amazon Advertising and beyond. As a Software Development Engineer (SDE-II) on the team you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, engineering approach, delivery and support of new payments software built natively in AWS. You will build systems for collecting payments, evaluating payment opportunities/risks and taking enforcement actions by leveraging serverless compute and orchestration, NoSQL storage, big data ingestion, storage and visualization tools. The payments experience you build will not only drive millions of Advertising payments but will also power payments for other up and coming Amazon businesses.
A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. The software you will be responsible for will require a breadth of technical development knowledge (i.e. distributed real-time systems, big data, orchestration software). Daily work will involve interacting with engineers, product stakeholders and managers, working on creative algorithms and building large-scale systems.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the New York office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 5pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer (SDE)
• Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
• Demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
• Master's degree (MS/ME) or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
• Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• Familiarity with Pay for performance Ad model and the Internet advertisement industry is a plus
• Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
• Ability to learn new technologies and systems
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
• Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Tags: Amazon Ads, Payments, SDE, SDEII, SDE-II, SDE2, Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Software Dev Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development Engineer, Sr. SDE, Senior SDE, large scale, high performance, distributed systems, serverless, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Big Data, NoSQL