Software Development Engineer
- Taipei, Taiwan
We are the Physical stores technology team, and we support solutions for Amazon's brick and mortar store. For example, one such store is the Amazon Books store, which offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. While we use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll be working on challenging problems that need innovative solutions specifically for all Amazon's brick and mortar store formats.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, excited to work in a "green field", wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
The Amazon Physical Stores team is looking for you - a curious and motivated engineer building a great user-experiences for our customers around the world. We sit at the nexus of all brick and mortar stores and operate a world-class user-experience, on the large-scale distributed systems to enable our customers to buy product at our stores and create delightful experiences along the way.
What makes this team a great place to work?
• Day 1 opportunity - You will be working on projects, systems, and businesses that are at the nascent of their growth at Amazon!
• Opportunities for Growth and Leadership - You will have the opportunity to work with senior and principal engineers, as well as influence and shape the direction of our services and customer experiences.
• Scale New Heights - With many new stores in the pipeline, you will be working on challenging and complex problems to help us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Passion and established experience for front-end software development
• Expertise in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and complexity analysis.
• Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
• Working knowledge of UNIX systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems
• Familiarity with one or more of: Ruby/Python/Perl or another scripting language
• Familiarity with Windows .Net development.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at various levels of the organization
• Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top