Fast Data org, a part of eCF Data focuses on building cloud based and distributed platform services that are at the core of Amazon's consumer and digital businesses. Our team is part of Fast Data Org. We build live migration solutions across any dB to any dB for CDO teams while abstracting complexities involved in orchestrating live migrations to eliminate undifferentiated efforts, so that teams can focus on their core business. We are building solution for enabling live migration for the most widely used datastores within Amazon and for futuristic datastore pairs.
What's in store for you?
The problem space that we own would challenge you to solve some of the complex problems with your creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You get opportunity to own problems end to end and work with some of the best minds in Amazon. You would have easy access to Principal Engineer's to bounce your ideas, discuss on the tech solutions and opportunity to learn and grow. You get ample opportunity to connect with customers and see your code in action used by majority of teams in Amazon. You get opportunities to innovate, for your overall development and career growth. We work on TEAM principle of "Together Everyone Achieves More". Together we will solve some of the seemingly impossible problems, come up with innovative solutions and delight our customers.
The ideal engineer for this space will be highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience, be inventive, and have a strong track record of delivery. You also have a pragmatic approach and iterative approach to building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering software and working effectively with external and internal teams.
Following are the qualifications that would allow somebody to hit the ground running :
• B.Tech or M.Tech in Computer Science
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Rich hands-on programming experience in Java/C++, using object-oriented design techniques and best practices
• Working with customers and business to transform business requirements into functioning software
• Experience in building and maintaining real-time and large scale applications
Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs,
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems.