Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Retail Pricing Platform drives the success of Amazon Retail. The Pricing Platform Team owns the core set of systems which decides prices of products sold by Amazon Retail. The team owns system data vending, notification and price publishing systems which are used by multiple pricing strategy teams for building their price recommendation and submission of their recommended prices. These systems scale to thousands of TPS and computes prices for billions of listing every month. We are building new services that radically scales publishing capacity of our systems while making our services multi-tenant to support Amazon's growing number of businesses. We collaborate with product, science, and business teams to figure out new ideas. We innovate by applying state-of-the-art computer science to define, design, and build our systems. And we experiment with different approaches, eager to learn from whatever the results are while having fun along the way.
To help meet these goals, we are looking for a passionate, talented Software Development Engineer. We are looking for someone who innovates, loves solving hard problems, and looks for 'yes' as the answer. As a Software Development Engineer, you will develop services using your expertise and experience with a variety of technologies. You will deep-dive into distributed systems to design and optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, and extensibility. You will innovate and scale services, addressing problems that span new feature development to new system creation. You will design and write clean, maintainable code and integrate data from a large number of services. And you will contribute to the development of yourself and colleagues through peer code-reviews and mentoring, improving the technical knowledge and engineering practices of your team.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in computer science or related field
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Able to work well in a fast-moving environment and able to effectively drive solutions having complex requirements
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top