The T1 Seller Development (T1SD) organization owns the charter to drive WW seller growth on Amazon. Our products are strategically important to the long term growth of Amazon's consumer businesses, and our organization's initiatives are highly visible to Amazon's executive leadership. We will accomplish the ambitious growth goal through building innovative and scalable technical products and platform.
We are seeking passionate software development engineers to join our team to build the core growth recommendation platform that pioneers the best seller growth experience. This is a great opportunity to build a greenfield large scale software system that serves as the foundation of our vision for the years to come.
As a senior software development engineer in the team, you will work backwards from our customers' business needs, you will interact with our product managers to shape our product vision, you will design the software that solves business problems, you will work with state of art Big Data processing technologies including Elastic Search, Spark, Redshift, EMR and Hive to name a few, and you will continuously innovate and simplify. A successful candidate will have a strong software development background, excellent design and problem solving skills, and strong project management and communication skills. Excited? We are looking forward to you joining us!
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field;
• 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer;
• Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong passion for delivering high-quality software.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer;
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Elastic Search, Spark, Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift and Amazon Athena
• Experience building distributed software systems;
• Experience with AWS or other cloud computing platforms;
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices;
• Strong focus on clean code and robust design.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age