Software Development Engineer
Are you a passionate gamer? Are you interested in the power of voice controls with Alexa-powered devices such as the Echo, Echo Show, and Dot? Amazon is all-in on games, and we believe that voice-based games have just scratched the surface in their power to unite players and create novel experiences for players.
We are seeking software engineers to create world-class experiences that impact millions of customers worldwide. You will have a significant opportunity to drive unique, deep user experiences and execution of initiatives across the Alexa ecosystem.
That means you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of new game ideas that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history making unique and ground-breaking entertainment.
In this role you'll have independent technical ownership on new customer features and supporting architecture on a day to day and week to week basis. From prototypes to polish, you'll learn new in-demand skills like building voice control interfaces and scalable API platforms.
You'll work directly with Product Management and Design to refine the customer experience for Alexa games. You'll join a unique team in the Alexa organization with our own culture – we move fast to deliver new great features for customers and have a ton of fun doing it.
We're breaking new ground and need your help to bring our vision to reality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years experience building successful production software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of current commercial game titles across multiple categories, such as video games and board games
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Development experience defining, implementing and maintaining web service APIs
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Experience working with cross-functional teams on products delivered from prototype to polish
- Experience with Alexa Skills Kit, Voice User Interface Design, and AWS (S3, Dynamo DB, Lambda)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top