Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Want to teach machines to search for needles in a haystack? Ever wonder how you can keep the world's largest selection also the world's safest and legally compliant selection? Then come join a team with the charter to monitor and classify the billions of items in the Amazon catalog to ensure compliance with various legal regulations. The Classification and Policy Platform is looking for outstanding Software Development Engineers to build technology to automatically monitor the billions of products on the Amazon platform. The software and processes built by this team are a critical component of building a catalog that our customers trust.
You will have an opportunity to work with cutting edge machine learning algorithms on large datasets. Your will need to build Amazon scale applications running on Amazon Cloud that both leverage and create new technologies to process large volumes of data that derive patterns and conclusions from the data.
We are looking for highly motivated engineers interested in delivering the next level of innovation to product search for Amazon. As an Sr.SDE on the CPP team, you will be responsible for working across backend, client, business development, and data engineering teams to coordinate deep-dives, inform roadmaps, visualize metrics, and create predictive models to determine how we can best serve our customers.
• Designing and implementing new features and machine learned models, including the application of state-of-art deep learning to solve search matching and ranking problems, including filtering, new content indexing, and apply document understanding
• Conducting and coordinating process development leading to improved and streamlined processes for model development. Strong customer focus is essential
• Working closely with Product Managers to expand depth of our product insights with data, create a variety of experiments, and determine the highest-impact projects to include in planning roadmaps
• Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members
• Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering, and business backgrounds
• Being a cultural leader that ensures teams are collecting, understanding, and using data to inform every decision that impacts our customers
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, a start-up mentality, excellent project management skills, and great communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• Fluency in one more more modern programming languages such as Java, C#,C++, Python, Ruby.
• Proficient building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to ship multiple versions/releases
• Have had responsibility for the entire life-cycle (requirements definition through specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch, and production support) of a shipping product or online service
• 4+ years of relevant work experience
• Master's degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
• Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems
• A deep understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures. Delivered large scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
• Experience with Agile Development techniques
• Experience in large scale data mining and big data.
• Experience with technologies like AWS EMR, Rules based systems and Machine learning
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills and listening skills. This will include the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
• Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top