Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
You will be at the forefront of cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and on a mission to be the World Class Standard for Customer Experience. As a developer on the team, you'll own code end-to-end from design, to development, to deployment, to monitoring and operations. You'll have a sound understanding of computer science fundamentals of and practical experience developing complex applications. You'll work closely with the rest of the development team to build distributed systems for our customers.
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative engineer with a strong background in software development to define, develop and deliver different applications and services for our team. This role requires ambition, thinking big, self-motivation, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and startup-like environment.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Experience using AWS services like EC2, S3, Dynamo DB, RDS, Elasticsearch, Lambda and API Gateway
• Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top