Software Development Engineer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
This engineering role is for a new team to build an innovative new paradigm-shifting product. Your role will be to help bring this new product to life as a founding member of this team. You have the opportunity to redefine what software development looks like.
In this role, you will design, develop, test, maintain and own systems that are integral parts of this new product. You will work closely with your colleagues on the team and together you will research, architect, experiment and deliver a production quality product. You will apply your expertise in compilers, semantic analysis or program analysis, and learn and grow with your team.
Come join us as we envision the best experience for customers on AWS and beyond.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
Location options include Seattle (WA), Arlington (VA), New York City. Other options may be available over time.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of language, compiler and/or runtime internals. Java and JDK ideal, but other managed runtimes (such as .NET CLR) are valuable experiences.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1-year of education.
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and performance analysis.
• Proficiency in, at least, two modern programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, Python, or Ruby.
• 8+ years of relevant experience with programming language development, compilers, intermediate representations of code, semantic analysis, or program analysis
• Passionate about helping customers and developers, thrilled by the idea of ownership of systems, enthusiastic about navigating through the ambiguity associated with a startup product, and excited both research and delivery in rapid development cycles.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top