Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
In AWS Region Services, we build the software, systems, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon teams across the world to do their work on a daily basis. We're looking for a Software Development Engineer that is ready to join us and help innovate on behalf of our customers.
In this role, you will participate directly in the AWS technology ecosystem. You will be join a group of technology leaders that are committed to delight our customers. You will own the architecture for a new generation of custom security solutions. You will work with technology experts from across the company. If you are ready for an opportunity like this, we would love to hear from you.
Builders at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Have questions, Wish to apply or have a Referral? Contact Kevin Healy directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 7+ years of experience with successfully delivering software solutions in a multi-discipline and distributed responsibility environment
• 2+ years of experience with at least one system programming language such as C, C++, or Rust
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of professional best software and hardware engineering practices for the full product development life cycle, including build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong knowledge of networking, security, and cryptographic algorithms and protocols
• Strong knowledge of government security implementation assurance standards, evaluation methodologies, and approval processes
• Proficient in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software and hardware engineers
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top