Software Development Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
Are you passionate about customer behavior? Would you like to be part of the next big thing while it's still day one? Does the opportunity to solve one of Amazon's most complex problems and unlock a huge opportunity excite you?
The Lifecycle Engagement Organization is seeking a talented, passionate Software Development Engineer to envision new ways to help customers get the most out of their relationship with Amazon. We believe many customers have only scratched the surface of the value that Amazon can provide. Our charter is to better understand customer needs and invent ways to better meet those needs, both through marketing innovation and program innovation. This unique role offers a birds' eye view across Amazon Retail systems, with the ability to conduct rapid experimentation and drive impact across the entire Consumer organization.
We are expanding our engineering team and looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building the high quality software systems to deliver our customers the best-of-industry shopping experience. You will work in a highly collaborative environment with many talented team members in business strategy, product development, software engineering, and business intelligence. You should have great problem solving skills, and confidence in learning and growing your skills in many AWS technologies, including EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, SageMaker ML, Redshift Spectrum, DynamoDB, Aurora, Spark, EC2, S3 and many others. You should also have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering resilient production ready products. This is a job in high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will have a unique opportunity to create and build the products and systems that drive direct, measurable impacts to hundreds of millions of Amazon customers.
You will help design and architect new components aimed at creating new shopping experiences. We care about both delighting customers and high quality software; we don't sacrifice one for the other. We're looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of highly-scalable, global software solutions.
In addition to this, you'll need to be able to influence and deliver exceptional user experiences across multiple platforms including mobile, living room devices, and the web.
In this role, you will:
• Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
• Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery
• Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
• Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with object-oriented design and systems architecture
• Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and problem solving
• A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, clean technical solutions
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top