Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Want to shape the platform that will support the exponentially growing Amazon's Digital and Subscription businesses? Are you interested in building hyper-scale solutions? Do you want to use cutting edge technologies to build persistence solutions that have a direct impact in Customer Experience and thereby help contributing to Amazon's growth?
Digital Commerce team provides the platform to manage the lifecycle of Digital Orders and Subscriptions across Amazon. At the core of this team is the persistence solution to manage the Digital Ordering data and the Subscription data. Given the scale of Amazon and the rate of growth anticipated across Amazon, we are seeking to build a self-managing, highly scalable and low latency solution using cutting edge concepts like containerization, serverless, deep learning, NoSQL.
We are looking for experienced software engineers with expertise in Data Structures, Java and large scale systems, who are excited to build large scale distributed solutions. These is a core engineering role where you will own the design and development of key components of a system that is very critical to Amazon's business. This is a hands on role, where you will be responsible for technical aspects as well as mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years of relevant work experience
• 3+ years experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience with object-oriented design and data structures
• 3+ years of industry experience in, at least, one modern programming language, such as Java or C#
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience building highly-available distributed systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project(s) from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project(s)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
Back to top