Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for major initiatives. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As a Senior SDE, you will be 100% focused on implementing major change throughout a complex low-latency, high throughput advertising ecosystem.
You will also be excellent at driving results, being able to build solutions for large, multi-functional projects on-time, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. You are responsible for defining technical design and building world-class software that pushes boundaries.
You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better and often disruptive solutions. You know how to work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by going and building the solution. You want to create value and impact the direction of entire industries.
This role will involve driving products impacting many areas of our business. The individual in this role will have responsibility through the full product life cycle, from product strategy, prioritization and development to adoption and iteration with global sales and account management teams. You will directly build the next generation of Amazon's display ad serving systems. This role requires a deeply technical person that can work at this scale but also interface with business teams and ensure our platform meets the needs of our customers.
We're looking for experienced, motivated software engineers with a proven track record of building web applications and services. You'll be responsible for owning, designing and delivering highly scalable systems that will be used by customers to build, manage and serve innovative ad solutions. Our team works across Amazon. We're building a full-service, full-stack platform for end-users and other developers.
With our team you'll get the opportunity to own & drive major initiatives and build complex solutions. You'll work with customers directly, to scope, design, implement and launch new features quickly and iteratively. We believe in teamwork and in delivering rock solid, customer focused solutions.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, EMR, Dynamo, Lambda, etc.)
• Advanced CS or equivalent degree
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Strong sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency, and drive
• Experience successfully mentoring other engineers