Software Development Engineer
- Barrington, RI
The AWS Enterprise Engineering Unified Communication Telephony team is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer with a strong background in cloud platforms and Linux-based development. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional telephony enterprise tools and services - if you are passionate about AWS and have experience building critical services at global scale, this is the team for you.
In this role, you'll be designing the next generation enterprise VoIP platform. You'll gain new skills and experience as your team delivers the front- and back-end software and features that improve the reliability, performance, and capabilities of critical telephony services used daily by Amazonians.
To build the next-generation of telephony services used daily by Amazonians worldwide, we are looking for a motivated Software Development Engineer with great bias for action and an ability to deliver results. Each day you'll work on uniquely challenging problems, so we need exceptional engineers with outstanding technical skills who share our passion for customer innovation. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
Your responsibilities will include:
▪ Building services that scale for millions of global users
▪ Working as part of a team to deliver new, highly scalable software solutions
▪ Expanding your own skills by constantly learning and experimenting with new tools and ideas to evolve your team's processes
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer - minority / women / disability / veteran / gender identity / sexual orientation / age.
• 1+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
▪ Hands-on experience creating software systems using AWS products
▪ Good communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions in a team-based environment
▪ Familiarity with distributed computing and large-scale systems
▪ Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines build processes
▪ Familiarity with UI frameworks like React
▪ Familiarity with cloud telephony technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top