We are looking for candidates to join us as full-time Software Development Engineers in Edinburgh.
You will work as part of an agile team at our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland. Your team will own the business, technology and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24x7.
Successful candidates will have strong technical ability, a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills.
- Non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated coding and problem solving skills in at least one modern programming language.
- Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation).
- Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
- Experience in basic data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
- Results oriented and analytical, with a strong customer and business focus.
- Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems.
- Strong sense of ownership, with a passion for software and continuous learning.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.