Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? The International Expansion team is responsible for launching Amazon marketplaces in new regions and our team gets to experience the feeling of launching businesses from the ground up and making our products work for the customers in the new regions.
The International Expansion team is building a team to define, design and develop a solution for a new business initiative that will directly impact Amazon's topline growth. Our Development team will play a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build a comprehensive solution for the new business initiative. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
As a Developer on the team you will be instrumental in designing and building low latency solutions that work gracefully on a wide spectrum of network bandwidths and provide the best mobile shopping experience for our customers. The solution you will build will accelerate global innovation and impact all aspects of the buyer's experience on Amazon. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
• Design, implementation, and deployment of applications that impact the business with an e-Commerce website development.
• Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
• Work extensively with cross-functional teams across Amazon's website, ecommerce and fulfillment platform on the design and development of core platform functionality.
• Work with the business team and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
• Work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
• Participate in and provide design inputs towards the Platform initiative for streamlining international expansions.
• The ideal candidate will be a leader, builder and operator.
• He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. They would need to also balance technical leadership with savvy business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• 5+ years of Software Development experience.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java/C# on a UNIX or Linux/Windows platform).
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development.
• Solid experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications or equivalent.
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Previous experience in designing low latency mobile sites and applications.
• Experience in e-commerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
Back to top