Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
Help us protect all Amazon customers, from Prime Now to Fulfilment Centers. We are looking for a security focused Software Development Engineer who wants to make a difference to ensure that protecting customer data is at the forefront of all development.
What you will work on:
You will design and develop tools used by all Amazon developers to identify, track, and eliminate security issues throughout the software development lifecycle. You will be challenged by scale and latency constraints as you build features that delight your users, and you will learn about and integrate with critical systems across Amazon. We believe in experimentation, iterating quickly and getting feedback from our customers.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a creative, customer- and details-obsessed Software Development Engineer familiar with building applications in Java, C++, C#, or Python. You need to have strong software engineering fundamentals (object-oriented design, algorithms and data structures) and a good grasp of advanced systems concepts and design. You will need to be able to integrate customers while taking into consideration the long-term impact of any decisions. We need someone who loves learning and wants to work with an experienced team in a quick moving, agile and highly collaborative environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work effectively cross-group and great passion for team collaboration
• Master's Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required or equivalent work experience
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with security and compliance systems
• Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in cloud platforms such as AWS
• Experience in architecture and development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications that have been successfully delivered to customers
Back to top