Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. We're looking for people who want to join an ambitious team that continues to push the state of the art in Inventory and Supply chain for Amazon Go, Books and Kitchen.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a game-changing initiative. While you'll be able to use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll be working on challenging problems that need creative solutions. You should be comfortable building prototypes, challenging assumptions, and thinking of creative ways to tackle challenges.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 7 years of relevant work experience).
• Proficient in at least one of: Java, C# or other statically compiled language
• Experience with one or more scripting languages: Ruby, Python, etc.
• At least 5 years' experience as a key member of an engineering team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
• Strong examples demonstrating past work experience, deliverables and/or innovation across a broad range of methods.
• Able to lead architecture, tech strategy for the team
• Able to collaborate with internal & external teams on high-level design, architecture issues
• Help business stakeholders and leadership in defining the tech strategy
• Identify the tech initiatives that needs to be done to meet scale, reduced operational load and simplifying the business inititaive
• Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up.
• Experience with AWS cloud services
• Evidence of working with existing systems; curious and able to learn new codebases
• Able to deliver results in a cross-functional team, making high-quality contributions to other systems and libraries
• Experience creating extensible, well-abstracted designs and driving consensus with other engineers and external teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top