Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from, how we decided to procure that item and how it was transported through our supply chain? If so, the Amazon Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
As a software developer on the Supplier Performance team, you will have immediate influence on decisions affecting Amazon's customers. Using your data-driven decision-making, you will drive both scalable and maintainable software development practices. You will work at the intersection of technology, product, economics and supplier behavior change to ensure a defect free supply chain. You want to innovate the ingestion of lots of real time events, evaluate them against evolving business rules and change the behavior of suppliers.
This role might be for you if...
• You thrive on solving ambiguous problems using your Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
• You use object-oriented concepts, algorithms and/or data structures to build multi-tier systems at Amazon scale.
• You actively engage with other senior leaders to build the technical strategy & architecture for a broad area
• You have designed, launched, refactored, re-architected, and/or deprecated software with large amounts of data.
• You enjoy quickly adapting to fast paced development environments and bias towards simple and extensible code
• Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical people using written and oral communication skills.
• Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
• Experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture related to quality and/or security.
• Experience using lean software development concepts such as agile, scrum and Kanban.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.