Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
At Amazon, we care deeply about our developer community. Come be part of a team that is building the next generation cross development platform (iOS, Android, Web) for our digital content across Alexa, Twitch, Amazon Appstore and many more touch points.
Our team is making "developing for Amazon" easy. Our platform creates a seamless, unified experience for developers to reach customers with their digital content including Alexa skills, apps for Amazon devices, in-app digital goods, games and more.
We are seeking a world-class developer who can think big and loves building cool stuff.
As a software development engineer, you'll play a critical role in the future of how the development community interfaces with Amazon services across a huge array of devices and touch-points.
Individuals interested in this position will be building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. You will be responsible for designing and developing Big data systems using cutting edge AWS Technology.
Specifically, you will:
• Propose, design, and implement industry-leading solutions for services that will be utilized by millions of clients across numerous countries.
• Work on the Cross Platform Technology to provide new features for Amazon customers
• Participate in and contribute to the planning process for new features and projects
• Work with a team of world-class engineers and product managers to understand and refine the scope of incoming projects, and to ensure deliverables meet an unreasonably high quality bar.
• Build highly maintainable, easy-to-understand code in both the web services and Android space.
• Mentor junior team members and assist in task management and Agile planning
• Work with multiple top-notch engineering teams to understand and respond to their needs
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• • Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
• software development experience
• Experience designing and developing distributed software applications, tools, systems and services
• Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Object-Oriented design experience
• Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Experience with AWS technology (EC2, Redshift, S3, EMR, Dynamo DB)
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top