Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa voice cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. We deliver world-class products on aggressive schedules that are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. At the same time, we obsess about customer trust and ensure that we build products in a manner that maintains our high bar for customer privacy. We are looking for a passionate and talented Software Development Engineer with experience building innovative and highly scalable applications that customers love. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and launch of many key product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate feels strongly about protecting customers. This person is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a growth environment where priorities shift fast.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing Android or iOS applications
• 3+ years of experience in coding in a modern programming language such as Java and/or C/C++
• 3+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns•
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience developing, releasing and maintaining an embedded system
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top