Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Do you want to learn what it takes to deliver billions of ads across the globe that enhance the Amazon shopping experience with highly relevant and engaging content?
The Advertising Supply & Monetization team has both technical and business ownership of global advertising placements that appear across Amazon's shopping experience. We are tasked with maximizing the long-term value that Amazon creates across its Display Advertising business by delivering an engaging ad experience to millions of shoppers each day. The team partners closely with both retail and advertising teams and is responsible for the successful uptime of thousands of placements running billions of ad impressions across 10+ countries. Our work is seen by 100's of millions of customers across our properties, and demands rigor in solutions development with the need for continuous improvements in scale, latency and customer experience.
As a software development engineer on the team, you will:
• Work to expand our large-scale programmatic ad supply, and integrate with personalization systems to select and deliver highly relevant advertising content that drives optimal performance and monetization.
• Build high scale and low latency services that power the ad delivery of billions of ad impressions.
• Develop new services that manage real-time bidding/auctions behavior and pricing strategies for advertising programs and publishers.
• Build insights through the team's big data systems on delivery and performance to guide our business decisions and investment.
• Seek to continually innovate and scale the services you build through researching technology choices, and owning the operational excellence of solutions.
• Work with a broad stakeholder group across advertisers, sales, finance, ad demand programs, and retail supply owners. You will partner with engineering teams to identify and execute on the most promising opportunities.
We will take your knowledge and experience and challenge you to innovate to create the next generation of advertising products and services. If this sounds interesting, join us today and become a member of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team and impact millions of customers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience programming in Java, C++, or C#
• Experience programming with one or more scripting languages
• Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, and code instrumentation
• Experience with Big Data/ML technologies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years of industry experience
• Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Strong data structure and algorithm knowledge
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
• Experience mentoring junior engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top