Software Development Engineer
Come build the future of Linux at Amazon with the Amazon Linux Team!
If you are a software developer who is passionate about building the platform to support the world's premier cloud computing environment, then this is the job for you.
The Kernel and Operating System team is responsible for the design and maintenance of all of Amazon's core compute platforms, with a special focus on EC2, the Elastic Compute Cloud that is the basis for much of Amazon Web Services (AWS). We're also responsible for tools associated with the performance characterization, qualification, build and deployment of our Linux platforms.
Software Development Engineers work with technical leaders to refine technical direction, and then follow through with detailed analysis, designs, and superior code. They are equally comfortable leading small, focused project teams as well as making major direct contributions to the project. They deliver features with minimal direct oversight.
The baseline individual for this role will be entirely comfortable with the Linux operating system and understand how to develop in languages such as Java, Python, and Ruby in a Linux environment. Experience with Linux package management, version control systems, automated build processes, and software unit testing are a must.
This team creates the very core of the cloud, and is directly responsible for radically changing and improving the way that people use computers - come help us make history!
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- Strong coding skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years of software development experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 3+ years of overall software development experience
- Enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
- Experience with designing and building large scale systems
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
- Experience developing in multiple languages
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
- Proven results oriented person with a bias for action
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with emphasis on distributed systems or databases is a plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top