Software Development Engineer
- Chennai, India
The Amazon Digital and Emerging Payments Team's vision is to delight our customers with the best payment experience in the world! To achieve this vision, we are in search of a talented technical leader and craftsman who builds robust software at scale as well as client-facing features which are intuitive and simple to use.
Our team takes a world view of payments for all of Amazon and builds highly customized and seamless payment experiences for our global customers. This focus on customer and geography requires working on different technologies and back-end platform systems in order to meet the needs of our customers. Our back-end systems are always available and guarantee that our customer's orders are never lost and always processed even when downstream services are down. You will have a chance to understand and influence Amazon's Stack across Retail and Digital business.
Our team is highly motivated and in need of a senior engineer who can take the technical reigns of the team and steer them in the direction of our vision. As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will lead the architecture and development of high-scale web services and workflows that impact our payment processing capabilities.
You are a technical leader and craftsman with a proven track record of successful delivery. You are someone who will enjoy the challenge of working on complex and highly disparate technologies from front-end Android development to back-end highly distributed systems. You are interested in a high growth career opportunity and enjoy building software that brings smiles to our customers.
• Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact our business with an emphasis on Payments across our retail and digital business.
• Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
• Mentor junior engineers.
• Be a strong proponent of Operational Excellence
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years development experience in any Object Oriented language such as C, C++, Java, C#
• Familiarity with architecting in an distributed computing environments
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful web services
• Experience in eCommerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web based solutions.
• Relentless customer focus.
• Thrive in technically challenging and complex business environment.
Back to top