Software Development Engineer
- Chennai, India
The team is responsible for building Consumer experiences for the Appstore in Fire OS and Android OS. The team uses architectural and design principles to develop software platforms that handle the scale and latency constraints. It has also developed excellent expertise in Android internals and is building innovative mobile experience, automation technologies, which help providing superb consumer experience.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to be part of the development of scalable software solutions and services for handling the consumer experience. Ideal candidate should be willing to to work in designing scalable and low-latency systems, working across technologies.
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build a world-class Appstore experience for tablets such as the Kindle Fire and Android-based smartphones. To be successful you'll need to have lots of experience with C++ or Java, customer focus, experience of SOA, experience working with databases, experience handling scale, and excellent communication skills. You need a strong grasp of architecture and advanced engineering principles and design patterns. You must be a fast, efficient coder and make coding and design decision with multiple simultaneous dimensions in mind. You will be part of technical leadership team of Amazon Appstore development center in Chennai, India and will have the chance to lead the product architecture and team-building effort.
Come join us, in building one of the most disruptive digital businesses, at the earth's most customer centric company!
• BE/BTech/ME/MTech/MS in computer science or with relevant experience as per the job description.
• 8+ years of professional software development experience.
• Excellent programming skills in object-oriented languages including C, C++, C#, or Java
• Strong Datastructure, Algorithm and Problem solving skills.
• Experience in seeing through a complete software life cycle and showing ownership on building components.
• A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development.
• A strong business and technical vision with the ability to translate these in business and technical approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and application/services development
• Experience with payment processing, risk, and anti-fraud systems.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Back to top